How Can We Help?
Caring can be difficult, especially if you are trying to cope alone [or without support] or have been caring for someone for a long time. However we are here to help you and we can offer the following services:
- As there’s lots of information out there which can be confusing, we can find specific, up to date information, advice and guidance that will match your own individual caring situation.
- Our team can provide opportunities for you to talk about your own feelings, get practical support around the difficulties you may be facing, whilst increasing your own sense of wellbeing.
We can visit you in your own home or anywhere you feel comfortable and that is convenient for you.
- As a team we understand how carers can become isolated so there might be times when you want to look outside your caring role – we can help you to explore new hobbies and interests, or take a look at exciting volunteer or education opportunities, and ensure you can find the time away from your caring role to enjoy them.
We want to:
- Make sure that our carers feel valued for their efforts
- See that carers consider their own health and wellbeing
- Give our carers a voice at a time when they feel they are not being listened to
- Give carers somewhere to turn to when they need advice and support
- Make sure that carers have the tools and support they need to continue in their caring role